Thursday, November 25, 2010

The Sum of the Parts

Ok...so George Lucas has an idea to produce a movie. He hires the writers from "American Graffiti" and "Indiana Jones: Temple of Doom". Then he brings in Producers with (future) credits like, "Saving Private Ryan", "Spider Man" and others. Throw Tim Robbins in the cast and I think anyone would agree that this is a formula that puts you in a pretty good position to succeed...right?

That is, of course, before somebody in the room said, "let's make it about a duck from outer space". Then somebody else blurted out, "live action with a midget in a duck suit!".

George scratched his chin and nodded slowly. This shit could really work.



Proof positive that the sum of the whole does not necessarily equal the sum of its parts. In this case, I am happy for that. I mean...if american cinema didn't have in its history a duck ripping an impromptu guitar solo (after saving the planet)...where would we be? Really..tell me.

Now...if someone would please just give me a call about this live action Flintstone's thing I got knocking around in my head...oh wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment